Friday 22 November 2013

Designer vs Deal #8

Hi everyone!

After a 5 month absence, I thought that another Designer vs Deal post was in order. And so it happened. Once again, I came across numerous pieces - being clothes, shoes, accessories, and the like - which are very similar to their designer counterparts. I found way too many pieces, so I obviously couldn't include them all in this post. But I promise you that I will try to post these posts more regularly. 

 Designer: UNIF NEO boots // Jeffrey Campbell Lita Crown shoe // House of Holland On a Promise Sunglasses 
Deal: H&M Platform boots // Grunge Up Golden Spiked Boots // Choies Vintage Circle Sunglasses With White Letters


Almost every blogger - and every other person on Earth - has seen, or heard of the famous chunky H&M boots, which remind us so much of the precious 90s. While browsing the Net, I stumbled across UNIF's NEO boots, which are pretty similar to the H&M ones if you compare the silver side zips and ripped padding on the front of the boots. As much as I love UNIF pieces, I personally prefer the H&M ones this time, as I think they are much more wearable and not as much of a statement piece.

And speaking of statement shoes, how identical is the Golden Spiked boots from LASULA Boutique to the Jeffrey Campbell ones? The similarity is mind-blowing! The only difference I can pinpoint between the two pairs, except for the price difference, is that the former's heel looks a tad thinner than the Jeffrey Campbell boots. But then again, photos may be deceiving.

Another designer-twin is the Circle sunglasses by Choies, which feature the famous words "Cross my heart..Hope to Die. Stick a Needle..In my Eye". The only thing I question is how sturdy the cheaper version is, even though I don't even have a clue on the endurance of the House of Holland pair. But then again, I don't generally splurge on sunglasses. So, I would definitely opt for the cheaper version. 

Which would you rather buy, the designer piece or it's affordable dupe? If there is a designer piece that you love so much but cannot afford it and want a dupe of it, get in touch with me through Facebook or Twitter, or else send me an email, and I'll include the dupe in my next Designer vs Deal post!


4 comments:

  1. This is a really cool post. I prefer the H&M boots as well! xxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the deal than the designer.It looks so much more appealing and stylish.

    Mary

    popgoesfashion.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, I totally agree with you :) x

      Delete

Your comments make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...